Monday, April 27, 2009

Final Weeks!

The time is less than two weeks until I embark on my trek! Yesterday I rode another century ride in Chico, CA with my son-in-law, Chuck. Lots of hills and lots of fun! Some days I can't imagine doing this for 50 days! My bike goes in for a complete overhaul today - so I have a couple of days rest!

We leave Sacramento on Friday, May 8th for Manhattan Beach in southern California where we will embark. Saturday the group (about 20 of us) will meet and greet - and get our bikes ready. Many of the people are flying in - from all over the country - and England... so will need to assemble their bikes. That night we'll have a banquet - with our families included. Sunday morning at 5:30 a.m. we'll have breakfast, pack up - and head for the beach where we'll dip our rear tires in the Pacific Ocean and begin our trek!

4 comments:

  1. best wishes, will be following you. much aloha, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hank, it's me Rod's daughter. I cannot tell you how excited I am for you and this endeavor. I will follow your blog and cheer you on. I am really at a loss for words and so touched you have chosen to do this in honor of my father. I will see you at the send-off!!! Hugs..Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Hank. The Darlington clan is following you. Plan to visit with you in Ohio. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Hank. The Darlington clan is following you. Stay safe. Plan on visiting with you when you are in Ohio. I don't have your cell # so will need it to contact you when in Ohio. Steve

    ReplyDelete